Click here to view details on how Coronavirus is impacting this service.
This service is accessible from anywhere in the world and provides peace of mind with medical information and advice just a phone call away at any time of the day or night.
The service includes:
- The opportunity to discuss symptoms and worries confidentially
- General medical advice and discussion on common medical problems
- Travel health information pre and post travel
- Pre- and post operative treatment advice
- Advice and information on a range of lifestyle issues such as dietary information, sports injuries and sexual health
- Medication information
- Information and support through pregnancy
To access the service call 01 562 5150
Are you a new mum or mum-to-be?
Do you need help or advice during your pregnancy or following the birth of your baby?
Our Nurse-on-Call phone line gives you access to a qualified nurse, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and can help with:
- Pregnancy health advice, e.g. travel, diet, exercise
- Coping with common pregnancy symptoms
- Vaccinations during pregnancy
- Infectious diseases affecting pregnancy
- Potential miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy advice
For any specialist issues, the nurse may refer you to a midwife or your own GP. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms you should seek urgent medical attention from your doctor or nearest medical facility:
- Bleeding or leaking fluid from the vagina
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Unusual or severe abdominal or back pain
- A persistent severe headache and visual disturbances
- Decrease in baby’s activity level after 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Contractions that occur before 37 weeks of pregnancy and happen every 10 minutes or more often
- Thoughts of wanting to harm yourself or your baby
If you have symptoms which require a physical examination then we’ll advise you to see your own GP. Service provided by Healix Medical Services.